Terms and Conditions
1. Bookings are confirmed upon receipt of a deposit of 50% of the course fee. Clients agree to pay the full amount due no later than 7 days before the course date. If the complete balance is not paid within this time frame, Hilladventures reserve the right to cancel the course resulting in loss of deposit.
2. If clients cancel before the course the following refunds apply:
· up to 12 weeks before- full refund including deposit minus a
· 12-8 weeks before 50% refund of deposit
· 8-4 weeks before 25% refund of deposit
· less than 4 weeks no refund.
3. Cheques- please ensure personal cheques reach us in time to be cleared for the above time. Please make personal cheques payable to Kris Hill.
4. Clients will be expected to supply their own food, accommodation and transport to the course/mountain venue. We will be happy to recommend local accommodation.
5. In the event that we have to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances a full refund of the fee paid will be offered or an alternative date if applicable. Clients will be responsible for their own expenses including travel costs etc. in this event.
6. We reserve the right to refuse participation of clients believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and if so, no refund will be given.
7. It is the responsibility of all clients to make Hilladventures aware of any medical conditions that may have a bearing on their participation on the course.
8. Appropriate alternatives will be offered in the event of extremely severe or unprecedented weather conditions.
9. We strongly recommend clients take appropriate cancellation/accident insurance for example through the BMC for their trip. www.thebmc.co.uk/insurance
10. Clients agree to pay the full cost of any damage done to hired or borrowed equipment due to negligence or deliberate misuse.
11. Hilladventures are not responsible for any injury caused by damaged or faulty hire equipment although every effort will be made to ensure equipment is safe prior to use.
12. No guarantee is made for clients to reach the summit of a particular peak. Mountaineering by it's very nature needs to adopt a flexible approach. Safety is paramount and overrides any particular objectives for the day. Clients must agree to follow guides' decisions in terms of safety when on the mountain.
13. Clients are responsible to inform Hilladventures of any changes to their booking, for example, extra people participating and to pay any increased amounts that correspond to this change. This must be done no later than 7 days before the trip/course date. Hilladventures reserve the right to cancel the trip if they feel an uninformed increase in group numbers will jeopardise group safety.
14. Hilladventures reserve the right to refuse to take clients who are not properly equipped for their chosen activity onto the mountain. Every effort will be made to ensure clients know what equipment is needed and hire arranged if necessary. However if clients lack or have an obviously poor choice of equipment, which may then impact on their own safety, or safety of the group, they will not be allowed to particpate, resulting in no refunds.
15. Under 18's must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.